Thursday’s Ambrose will allow Club Banora Ladies to qualify for Golf NSW Ambrose Regional Finals, if they chose to participate at a cost of $5 per pair.
The NSW Ambrose is a two-person Ambrose event aimed at club golfers and encouraging them to enjoy the fun aspects of golf.
Stage 1: Golf Club’s Qualifying Round
A Golf Club’s qualifying round must be conducted as a two-person Ambrose event. The leading male, female and mixed pair at each Club qualifying will advance to Stage 2.
If a leading pair is unavailable for Stage 2, the next placed pair may replace them.
Club qualifying dates should be scheduled prior to 1 September to ensure qualifiers have sufficient time to attend their chosen Regional Final. Club Banora qualifying is on Thursday, 11 July.
Each nominating Club is entitled to have a pair in the men’s, women’s and mixed categories progress to Stage 2.
If a club has more than 20 pairs in any of the men’s, women’s and mixed competitions pay to play, they are entitled to have two (2) pairs progress to Stage 2, in that competition. Club Banora is unlikely to qualify a second pair.
1. The Pair must have a minimum combined daily handicap of 8 (eg. if one player’s daily handicap is 4 and the second players daily handicap is 2 – they cannot play together because combined that is only 6)
2. Each player in the pair must have no more than 20 strokes difference in their daily handicap. (eg. If the lowest marker’s daily handicap is 5, their partner must play off no more than a daily handicap of 25).
NOTE: If a pairs playing handicaps are more than 20 strokes different, the higher marker will be limited to a playing handicap 20 strokes above the lower marker’s playing handicap.
3. The pair’s PLAYING handicap on the day will be ¼ of their combined daily handicap.
4. Each player must use at least 6 tee shots during a round.
5. Tee shots used MUST be indicated on the scorecard.
Entry Fee: $5.00 per pair
This information, and all other event information, can be found HERE.
It should be noted that all club qualifying pairs will be able to nominate which Regional Final they attend and there is no distinction between Metropolitan and Country Regional Finals, that is, a country qualifying pair could attend a Regional Final in Sydney and similarly, a Metropolitan qualifying pair could attend a Regional Final in country NSW.
The only restriction on Regional Finals is the maximum field capacity at each venue. If a venue reaches capacity, Golf NSW will notify all clubs who haven’t submitted results and nominated Regional Finals venues for their pairs.